Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Search for a Hat

Among other errands today, I took Ben hat shopping. I had promised him he could get a new winter hat, because he seemed very unsatisfied with the one that he had. I took him to Children's Place, where he tried on every hat in the store and found none satisfactory. I took him next door to Gap Kids, where he again tried on every hat in the store. This time I paid closer attention to what he was doing, and realized that he was putting every hat on and then pulling it down over his face, and then saying "Nope... that won't work..." I finally wised up and realized that Ben's search for a hat was not fueled by a desire to keep his head warm; rather it was fueled by a desire to have something to pull over his face while playing superheroes on the playground with his friends. So I took him across the street to Wal-Mart and let him pick out an Iron Man ski mask. I've got one very happy four year old, now.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

You need a hat in Charlotte??

Amanda said...

not really... not past midmorning, anyway. Ben's going to be awfully hot in his ski mask today - going to be in the 50s all week. which is a little colder than usual for this time of year.

Carolyn said...

That just made me laugh out loud.