Tuesday, January 20, 2009

44!

With the snow day and everything I didn't really get a chance to watch much of the inauguration. I did see the swearing in ceremony, which I called Ben into the room to watch. He was in the midst of changing into dry clothes after another foray into the snow.

"I can't, Mom! I'm getting dressed!" was his response when I called to him.

"I don't care!" I yelled back. "I want you to see this! Come in here!"

He appeared, minus his shirt. He looked from me to the TV, scandalized. "But I don't have my shirt on!"

I grabbed him and pulled him onto my lap. "This is a very important day," I told him. "Barack Obama is about to be sworn in as President. I want you to see it."

Ben peered at the TV in confusion. "But football is on Sundays."

"This doesn't have anything to do with football. Watch," I commanded, as the chief justice began the oath of office.

Ben watched dutifully, then hopped off my lap. "Now can I put my shirt on?"

At least I tried...

No comments: