Tuesday, January 13, 2009

OT Update

This is Ben's last week of occupational therapy because of insurance limits. He has 3 appointments this week - his two regularly scheduled ones plus a makeup session tomorrow evening (I had to cancel an appointment when he had the stomach virus).

He has started to make some progress, as noted in previous posts, so I am taking steps to ensure that his progress continues. I signed him up for a weekly pottery class at the JCC which started today, called Mud Muffins. He told me all about his first class, how they made clay ladybugs and fired them in the kiln (though he called the kiln a "toaster" at first, before correcting himself partway through his narrative).

I also ordered him some stuff from a web site I found that has all kinds of cool games and toys for occupational therapists. I got him some putty, a building block set, Wikki Stix, a tracing book, and beads/laces. I am going to put everything in a bin (along with his crayons and coloring stuff we already have) and let him pick from the bin to do 20 minutes a day of whichever activities he wants. I'll let you know how it goes ;)

No comments: