Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It Just Might Be Disastrous

As I've previously mentioned, the week after next we'll be vacationing in Puerto Rico with friends. This coming weekend (memorial day) we'll put the kids' beach tolerance to the test at Ocean Isle Beach (here in NC), where we'll be from Saturday until Tuesday evening. ("We" refers to the kids and I, Joel's parents, and my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew. Joel unfortunately has to work over Memorial Day weekend, so he's getting left at home).

Ben has never been a huge beach fan, seeming ambivalent about both sand and water, but he showed progress last summer so I am hoping he'll enjoy himself on both of our upcoming beach trips. Becca enjoyed the beach last summer (when we could just plop her on a towel and let her play in the sand). Now that she's mobile, I am afraid she'll hate the sand, being totally unused to walking on it. And, thanks to her newfound terror of the bathtub -- yes the bathtub terror saga continues -- I am afraid she'll hate both pool and ocean as well.

So... as the title of the post suggests... it just might be disastrous... But I am so excited!

No comments: