Saturday, May 30, 2009

It's a Good Thing I Looked Down

At 3 am this morning I happened to wake up for a moment, and noticed that our bedroom door was open and the hall light was on. This is a tell-tale sign that Ben's out of bed, and usually he can be found sitting outside the door peeking in, or standing by my head waiting for me to wake up and see him. But this time I didn't see him in the doorway or by the bed. I sat up to investigate and started to get out of bed. It's a good thing I looked down first, because Ben was sprawled flat on his back on the floor right next to the bed, fast asleep. I am not sure how long he was there, or why he came downstairs in the first place -- I stood him up and asked him what he was doing there, and he mumbled something incoherent about the cat. When I asked him about it again this morning, he didn't seem to remember why he'd gotten up either, or how long he'd been sleeping on the floor. He just told me that when I woke him up he thought he was sleeping in his bed, and then he thought he must have fallen out of bed, and then he realized he was in my room. But he shed no further light on what he'd been doing there in the first place.

No comments: