Thursday, December 4, 2008

Jinxed

A couple of days ago I was marveling to myself that it has been so long since the last time Becca has been sent home sick from day care. I think it has been a good three or four months, which in germy-daycare-baby terms is just forever. Her immune system must be getting so strong, I mused.

Well, clearly I jinxed myself because today I got the daycare call - she'd thrown up everywhere so could I please come get her? She considerately waited until 4:15 pm to do her upchucking, so it was not a great disruption to my day... except that the 24 hour rule (must be vomit-free for 24 hours before being allowed back to day care) means she has to stay home tomorrow. Even though her vomiting does not seem to be accompanied by a fever or any other symptoms.

Tomorrow will be an exercise in multi-tasking.

No comments: