Wednesday, December 10, 2008

More Free Stuff

I started my holiday shopping by digging out a bunch of gift cards I'd accumulated over the last year or two and never used. I had two $25 Best Buy cards, two Babies R Us cards (one $25 and one $15 that was actually given to us when Ben was born by the realtor who sold us the house in Blackstone) and a $5 Barnes & Noble card that Joel produced from somewhere. I ordered two DVDs for Ben from Best Buy (still have about $10 left on one of the Best Buy cards), a music table/activity center for Becca, and a book for Joel. All told it was about $120 worth of stuff which I had to pay about $30 out of pocket for.

Not stopping there, I also redeemed 10,000 American Express rewards points for $100 in Cheesecake Factory gift cards (Joel and I had been planning to go shopping and to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory sometime soon).

I also got a free meatball sub for lunch today. Yay me :)

No comments: