Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Long, Long Weekend

I see I'm being chastised for not posting since Thursday. So here's the rundown:

Friday - very annoying. Ben was off, I was supposed to work, and Becca's day care was technically open but there was only one other kid there who was leaving at 1 so I also picked Rebecca up at 1 so that the staff wouldn't have to stay all day just for her. Needless to say I got maybe an hour of work done, and then had to spend 3 and a half hours working Friday night after the kids were in bed.

Saturday - Better. Went to the mall and got some half priced shirts and a dress at The Lucky Brand Jeans Co,, drank a bottle of wine after the kids were in bed.

Today - Tired. Went to the gym, watched a lot of (very improbable) football. Ben decided he would root for the Cowboys just to get under Joel's skin, but after it became evident that he wasn't going to get to do his touchdown dance anytime soon, he retired to the bedroom to watch Krypto the Superdog.

Chanukah - Over. Ben connived two presents out of me on Friday when I had him home with me while I was trying to get work done, so we gave him his last present yesterday. He liked all of his gifts, and enjoyed playing with most of Becca's gifts also. Becca's favorite still seems to be the stuffed Santa, and her least favorite is definitely Tickle Me Cookie Monster (he made her cry).

To sum up, after a four day weekend, two days of which Joel was at work all day, I am almost looking forward to working tomorrow.

No comments: