Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More Tales of Vomit*

*Warning: Not for those of you with weak stomachs!

So Ben seemed fine all day today. Sure, his appetite was off... but he had kept everything down for the last 30 hours. As I was putting him to bed he started complaining that his stomach hurt again, and I, horrible mother that I am, assumed he was just saying so to earn a third day home from school. He even asked me if he was going to school tomorrow, and when I said I thought so, he asked if he threw up again would he get to stay home? So, I was a bit suspicious of the sudden stomachache story.

An hour later Ben wandered downstairs covered in vomit from head to toe. It was all over his pillow, his sheets, his pajamas, his hair.... so he made up for in spades all those times yesterday when he considerately made it to the toilet. The worst casualty was his favorite stuffed animal that he sleeps with, which is (very unfortunately) a white seal pup that is motorized and makes noise when you pet it, so understandably cannot be put in the washing machine. And even if it could, I am not sure that it would help considering most of Ben's stomach contents consisted of Sunkist orange soda. After putting Ben in the shower and putting everything else in the washing machine, I had to tell Ben we needed to throw away his seal. He was very upset.

And, speaking of stomach aches, my stomach is starting to hurt. Joel's stomach is starting to hurt. Ben's stomach, apparently, still hurts. Rebecca (see previous post) thinks she's a rock star, and if her stomach hurts, she hasn't shown any sign. Yet.

No comments: