Monday, February 1, 2010

Snow Day

Charlotte-Mecklenberg schools were closed today because of the snow. But, you say, the snow was on Saturday, and you only got an inch or two! Yes, that's what I said too... Although seriously, the inch of snow did freeze solid, so our street was an ice-skating rink Saturday night. But today everything was fine as far as I could tell. The explanation for schools being closed is that the district is very large, and areas north of the city (we're south) got a lot more snow.

So anyway -- Ben had off, and Becca's preschool had a delayed opening. After dropping her off at 9:30 we arrived back home and Ben sat down on the futon and played video games for three hours straight. I sat at my desk and worked uninterrupted. Around 1pm I forcibly dragged Ben out to get some lunch with me, to make him take a break from the video games. Around 2pm he sat back down on the futon and played video games for another FOUR HOURS. Work was very busy, and I ended up sending Joel to pick up Rebecca so that I could stay at my desk until almost 6 to finish up what I needed to.

Here is what I learned today:
1. I don't need to be paying exorbitant sums of money every month for Ben to go to the After School program at the JCC and take Tae Kwon Do lessons because the TV will babysit for me for free
2. Thank God I pay exorbitant sums of money every month for Ben to go to the After School program at the JCC and take Tae Kwon Do lessons!

No comments: