Monday, February 16, 2009

Best Behavior

Ben really, really wanted a toy today, as evidenced by his good behavior. Which he took every opportunity to point out to me, in case I failed to notice.

He started by letting me sleep in. I finally dragged myself out of bed at 7:45 and went upstairs to get Rebecca, who'd been futzing in her crib for about 20 minutes. On the way I passed Ben's room, noticing that his door was open, his light was on, and he was nowhere in sight. I got Rebecca out of her crib and called to Ben, who happily appeared at the bottom of the stairs. "Are you proud of me Mom? I didn't wake you up! I got out of bed all by myself and I was waiting until you came up to get Rebecca! Aren't I being good because I let you sleep in?"

And later: "Mom, I told Rebecca to 'be quiet'. I didn't say 'shut up.' Isn't that good?" (Even though he never says 'shut up' to begin with).

And just for good measure: "Mom, I said 'heck' just now. Not 'hell.' Did you hear me? Isn't that good? Aren't I being good?"

As a reward (mostly for letting me sleep in!) Ben got to pick out a Ben 10:Alien Force action figure. Now if only I could bribe Rebecca to sleep in also...

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Oh it will be a glorious day when I can bribe Charlie with a toy to let me sleep in on the weekend... :)