Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More White Stuff

I woke up to half an inch of snow on the ground and the news that Ben's preschool is closed for the day and Rebecca's day care was opening late. Becca's I didn't mind - it opened at 9:30 which is only about an hour or so after I usually drop her off anyway. But it annoys me that Ben's school is closed. His grandparents will be coming to pick him up a little later so that I can get some work done and hopefully get a doctor's appointment because my throat has been hurting progressively worse for the third day now. I'm now up to 3 advil every 4-6 hours in order to be able to function. I want to make sure I don't have strep.

It is 23 degrees right now and it's only forecasted to go up to 33 today. Where did this cold weather come from?! I am consoled by the long-range forecast though which is calling for lots of sun and temps in the mid 60s this weekend.

So to recap my day so far: Cold. Sick. Inconvenienced. That about sums it up so far. Hoping it gets better.

No comments: