Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Rant About Pants

Okay so Ben is going through pants like no body's business - one pair got a hole ripped in the knee, one pair got red clay stains all over it which wouldn't come out after 3 washes in various solutions, and one pair I realized was too tight when I couldn't snap them even after telling him to suck it in...

So I stopped in at Children's Place and Gap Kids the other day hoping to find pants on sale... sweatpants, any pants... no sales and I didn't feel like parting with my money on that particular day. So I ordered him 2 pairs of pants on sale from Crazy 8. They arrived today. One of them is a pair of size 6 jeans, and one is a pair of size S (5/6) athletic pants. Now, I have ordered shorts from Crazy 8 before but never long pants so I carefully scrutinized the size chart. It said the height range for size 6 was 45-49 inches. Ben, at last measure, was 46 1/4 inches. So clearly this would put him in a size 6, right? Apparently not... I could wear these pants, I swear! I mean, they'd be like capris, but... they are a good 3 inches longer than any of the pants he's currently got even though he has at least 2 pairs of size 6 pants already that fit fine. Sigh.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Well how is the waist? ;)