Monday, August 31, 2009

At The Bus Stop

Today is Ben's second day of Kindergarten, and the first "real" day, since he will have all 22 kids in his class today (last week only a few kids went each day) and he rode the bus for the first time this morning.

The weather was not cooperating this morning -- it was cool and raining, two things which are very unusual around here... it hardly ever rains in the morning, here. It is also cool today, with the high temp only supposed to be 69 today. This totally threw me for a loop since Ben has not worn long pants a single day in about four months now, and I was expecting another few weeks of shorts weather so I had to revise his second day outfit in a hurry. And since it was raining this morning he wore a rain coat over his cute polo shirt so you can't even see it... sigh...

Anyway bear in mind as you view the pictures below that the rain was severely impeding my picture-taking, since I did not want to get the camera wet.

Ben did fine getting on the bus -- the rain seemed to help his mood because he enjoyed holding the umbrella -- and he lined up with his friends Carson (who is in first grade) and fellow Kindergartener Matthew, so that they could sit three to a seat together.

Becca waited for the bus very happily, saying "I go bus! I go bus!" to anyone who would listen. Then when Ben got on the bus and she did not, she had a little meltdown: "Why Ben go bus? Why Ben go bus? I want go bus! I want go bus!" She kept it up the whole drive to preschool.

It seemed to me as though the bus drove away very fast with my little boy on it, and I thought I had not given him enough advice like "Don't leave your backpack on the bus," but hopefully he'll be okay! My little boy is all grown up!

No comments: