Monday, August 31, 2009

Sound Sleeper

In preparation for Ben having to catch the bus every morning at precisely 7:54 a.m, I bought him an alarm clock for his room. I set it for 7am, so that by the time I finish getting dressed myself and head upstairs he'll already be up and (hopefully) be getting his clothes on.

This morning was the first time we put the alarm clock into use. It has several settings, and I thought I had put it on "chime" which would be a less obnoxious noise to wake up to than the regular alarm clock noise. Unfortunately, I must have set it wrong because when it went off it sounded like one of those horribly obnoxious old fashioned alarm clocks: 'BBRRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGG...."

I hurried upstairs, figuring that Ben hadn't remembered how to shut it off like I showed him, since it was still going off. But when I got to his room I was amazed (and dismayed) to see that Ben was still asleep! I turned off the alarm and went back downstairs to finish getting dressed.

A few minutes later I went back upstairs to wake Ben up. He sat up groggily and said, "Why didn't my alarm go off?"

No comments: