Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dinner and a Movie

Last night we had a babysitter, so we went out with Joel's parents. We ate dinner here, which was very good. The cast iron cornbread with honey appetizer deserves special mention for being tasty and unique -- at least in my (pretty vast I'd say) dining out experience. The service was so fast it was uncanny, so perhaps they were trying very hard to clear us out but I didn't actually mind because we were seeing a movie afterwards and I hate stressing about whether I'm going to get to my movie on time because of slow service at a restaurant. We saw the new Batman movie - no spoilers here, I'll just say it was very good but I thought 30 minutes could have easily been trimmed out of it and it would have made for a more enjoyable movie-going experience. Afterwards my knees were stiff and achy like I'd just been on an airplane or something.

No comments: