Monday, April 9, 2012

Grossed Out

Yesterday morning I offered to make pancakes for the kids for breakfast. Of course they insisted on having chocolate chip pancakes but we didn't have any chocolate chips. So I remembered we happened to have a semi-sweet kosher-for-Passover chocolate bar in the pantry, so I cut it into chunks and made chocolate chunk pancakes.

Which Ben thoroughly enjoyed until about halfway through when he said, "Jared has a shirt that has different true things written on it, and one of them says there are seven insect legs in every chocolate bar."

I firmly told him that was nonsense, there were no insect legs in the chocolate, and the only time I'd ever found an insect leg in my food was at a Subway restaurant (Now I am sure he will remember that, if ever we set foot in a Subway). He was not convinced and got himself completely grossed out not at all helped by his sister who was eating her pancakes with gusto and giggling about insect legs.

The pancakes ended up on Rebecca's plate, and he asked for an omelette instead. Which he ate about half of, until Rebecca said, "Hey Ben I think there are insect legs in your omelette." After that, breakfast was over for Ben.

Rebecca continued to enjoy her brother's pancakes and then asked me, "Are there insect legs in these pancakes?"

"NO!" I told her, thoroughly annoyed at the wasted food by this point.

"Then why are they crunchy sometimes?"

No comments: