Friday, April 13, 2012

Here in the States we call this Jumping the Gun

"Thanks for the details on the Property, i am satisfied and will
like to proceed with the renting process,
i would like you to go ahead and reserve the property for me.
I would also be needing the following information so that the cashier's check
for payment of the deposit of $4400 can be processed and posted to you
soon.

Name to issue the Deposit check on:...............
Address where you want the deposit mailed to:........
Phone number(cell and land):............

I want the 12 months lease to start on the 1st May 2012, i also
want to notify you that i have in the mean time arrange with an
interior decorator who will be handling the purchase of furniture,
entertainment system and other appliances that i will need in the
property,they will as well be in-charge of moving down my luggage down
to the States.So the cashier's check of $9000 will be sent over to you
which is a relocation grant by my employer, and all you need to do is
deduct the deposit $4400 and you will forward the rest to the Decorators
so i can have the place all prepared for my arrival. All applications and
lease will be signed on arrival.

Also for familiarization I Am [...], 35 yrs old,a British
citizen, I work with [.....],
I am a Christian, reserved in Nature and i do not keep pets.
I look forward to meeting you and hope to have a good relationship as
a tenant with you.
I await the details."
[.....]

3 comments:

Abigail said...

I am thinking this is a Nigerian scam email to get your bank acct #...? Seriously!?

Grandma said...

That is definitely a scam. Amateurish even.

Kathleen said...

Scam scam scam