Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Illness Chronicles

So if I thought things couldn't get any worse than having 2 sick kids home on Monday, I was definitely wrong. The moment I picked Ben up from camp on Monday I knew something was wrong - fever strikes again! Monday night was NOT FUN. Rebecca was up 2x coughing, the baby spent an hour sitting in her car seat in the bathroom with the shower running at 2am trying to make her breathe easier, and Ben woke up at 5am with a raging ear infection that landed all 4 of us in the doctor's office by 9:30 a.m. We left an hour later with a prescription for omnicef (Ben), a cough suppressant (Becca) and a major headache from listening to Ben cry for an hour (Mom). We filled the prescriptions and then headed home so that I could clean up, because it is a law that when you have three children home sick and your house is on the market, someone will want to see it.

Today I sent all 3 kids back to camp/preschool/day care, although Rebecca is still spewing out germs in the form of a horrendous cough and runny nose, and Caroline is less than stellar, having barely napped and barely eaten and being very fussy and congested all day today according to the day care. Ben, after a couple of doses of omnicef is doing the best of the three. I even sent Clara to doggy camp today thereby getting rid of every living being in the house (except Ulysses I guess I should say) so I could have some PEACE AND QUIET. Wednesdays is our cleaning day, so I even got a clean house today.

I did some major catch-up, having missed three days of work in a row (I was off last Friday, and took Monday and Tuesday off because of the sick kids). And we had yet another showing, from another person who thinks our kitchen is too small, our upstairs hallway is cramped, and who would like separate living and dining areas. So true, all so true. This one scheduled the showing all of 20 minutes in advance, a personal record of some kind. In the OH SO ANNOYING category: the house that's just like ours down the street that was for sale for 10k more than ours, is now under contract. OH SO ANNOYING. Probably the people who came into our house on Monday and complained it wasn't clean enough went ahead and put an offer on that one :P

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Oy sounds lime a rough week, I hope it gets better from here on out!! Do you at least have some delicious sounding Passover plans?